Some time back, I started a blog that was intended to discuss the things I have read. It was fun for some time, and I even enjoyed an encounter with one of the authors I had reviewed. This encounter, however, became a blessing and a curse. I was invigorated by the notice of a really-truly-published author, but at the same time felt an instant pressure to raise the bar with my subsequent reviews. I found myself paralyzed with each post I intended to make, staring at words that were no longer good enough to post because I felt like each post had to draw the attention of the author being analyzed.
The pressure, entirely crafted by my own wishes/demands/desires, had the worst effect possible on my blog.
It crushed my enthusiasm.
And so, with a New Year at hand (and a new decade at that), I have decided to once again try my hand at this blogging thing. I enjoy reading, I really enjoy short stories, and that is where we will start.
Let's hope for a bumpy ride, as the smooth ones are never memorable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment